Thinking of Replacing a Faucet? Why Should You Call a Pro?
A professional plumber will typically follow these steps to replace a faucet:
- Turn off the water supply to the faucet using the valves under the sink or the main shut-off valve for the house.
- Use pliers to loosen and remove the handle from the faucet.
- Use an adjustable wrench to remove the nuts and washers that hold the faucet in place.
- Carefully lift the old faucet out of the sink.
- Clean the sink and surrounding area to ensure a proper seal for the new faucet.
- Place the new faucet into the sink and secure it with the nuts and washers.
- Reattach the handle to the faucet.
- Turn the water supply back on and test the new faucet for leaks.